Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So, this time last year was a pretty rough time for me. Also, since it was so bad, 2008 seemed as if it would be full of new beginnings and miracles. Well, it was. Since 2008 was so awesome, I find myself being apprehensive about 2009. Like, will it live up to 2008? 2008 flew by faster than I could ever imagine, but it was full of such growth and positivity, I just wish I could have enjoyed it even more.

My resolutions for last year are as follows:

-become completely financially independent (Nope.)

-finish and publish my first novel (LOL . . .no way, but I did manage to get published on the Internet.)

-find real love (Yes! I did!)-travel to at least one place outside of the US (No.)

-follow my dreams (Sorta . . .I interviewed for a job in NYC, but have yet to be offered a position. Should I wait? No idea.)

-become a little more physically fit (and lose the obligatory 10 pounds) (Let's just say, I actually GAINED 10 pounds.)

-be true to myself (I think I have been, for the most part. Not completely.)

-get rid of some debt (Yes! But I acquired some, too!)

So what did I learn? I learned A LOT about love and relationships. Mainly, how to be in one and how to love someone. It's been pretty exciting and tough. I am finally in a mature relationship with someone I love dearly. This is all so new to me, but I know I deserve it and I'm working on it everyday.

I learned how to take control of things better. I learned how to communicate better. I learned not everyone has bad intentions. I learned that some people are truly good. I learned positivity is very important. I learned not to commit to something just for the money.

Also, most importantly, I've discovered that some things in life are off the menu. You can't plan everything. For instance, look at my resolutions from last year, did I accomplish them all? Not even close. But am I SO happy and was it an UNBELIEVABLE year? Abso-fucking-lutely. :) Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

In 2009, I want to work on balance. Balancing "me" time with life time. Taking time out to work out more, something I truly enjoy doing and feeling. I want to balance being happy with making money. I just need more balance in so many areas of my life.

I want to do at least one of the following:

-Get an awesome, fun, fulfilling and VERY-WELL PAYING job.
-Go back to grad school for writing!
-Have excellent credit.
-Perform one gig singing! (Get back in touch with my creativity.)
-Move out of my mama's house.
-Win the lottery.

Other things:
I want to continue my beautiful relationship with my boyfriend. I want to continue to grow with him.
I want to be more positive and freak out less.
I want to continue being happy. :)

Here's to 2009!

No comments: