Monday, February 2, 2009

Decisions, decisions

I don't feel like writing right now. I woke up early today for no good reason. Well, I had a good reason, but then I couldn't get back to sleep.

One positive aspect of waking up so early, I managed to finish reading "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Capote. I liked it. Charming, short and sweet . . .like the best things in life, I guess. We've all known a Holly Golightly. The book made me reminiscent of NYC (I'm as sick of mentioning NYC as you of reading about it!) and springtime. I've never seen the movie, but I'm thinking about it now. The book is so progressive and somewhat shocking, even now. I enjoyed it.

When I complain and rant to people, I'm not always asking for advice. In fact, I don't like getting advice from a majority of people ESPECIALLY ABOUT MY WEIGHT OR WRITING. Both of which I feel as though I am well versed and more knowledgeable on the subjects that most I talk to. Call me stuck up and arrogant if you want.

Firstly, I once lost 40+ pounds on my own by eating less and exercising more. I know how to do it. I am just lazy sometimes. Unless I explicitly ask for advice, just let me complain about my fat ass without you telling me what not to eat or how much more I should lose. It's rude.

Secondly, writing is a sore subject for me. I've been dealing with it my whole entire life. I have pursued and I am aware of most avenues to take. Hell, I majored in the subject in college. I have a BA in English Language and Literature. I may not know a lot about life or how to like and keep a job, but I know about writing. When I rant, please don't tell me to get a job working at a local newspaper. Thanks.

I am severely PMSing right now and the only things I want around me are chocolate and sunshine. My boyfriend, too.

No comments: