Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Annabelle Blue's Reviews

I’m keeping it short and sweet, as promised. ☺

Superbad (2007) Starring: Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Bill Hader and Seth Rogen

Synopsis from IMDB: “Two co-dependent high school seniors (Hill and Cera) are forced to deal with separation anxiety after their plan to stage a booze-soaked party goes awry.”


This movie was hilarious AND really smart. At times I found it unnecessarily and unrealistically vulgar . . .but at the same time it was oddly REAL. I know most of you will be seeing this soon, so I am going to be sure not to spoil anything for you. Lots of awkward sexual situations and what not. Duh.

All of the characters are entertaining. At times, I forgot I was watching a movie and not just watching some nerds in my high school. BY FAR, my favorite character would have to be Fogell, who is so endearingly hopeless that I wished he were real and I could be friends with him . . .or at least have had him in a class in high school so I could laugh at him.

I’d say “Superbad” ranked somewhere between “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” (LOVED it) and “Knocked Up" (LIKED it a lot). Definitely worth seeing.

Annabelle Blue’s Verdict: Movie theater it!

No comments: