Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Stuff . . .

Hope you guys are enjoying your Thanksgiving "break," of which I don't really have any longer. I'm at my day job right now and will be heading to my night job shortly after this, but that's the life of a hustla, baaaaaaaybay. I have given up the comfort of paid vacations and health insurance for a sense of independence(?), which sometimes kinda stinks, but mostly makes me happy.

I'm loving spending time with my family this time of year. As much as I dread the drama, when it really comes down to it, I love them so much and actually thoroughly enjoy spending time with them. I get to play with babies and children, which makes me happy.

My cousin told me she's pregnant with her second baby and I'm so happy for her. Makes me seriously consider that I want kids kind of soon, which is scary. It's something I look forward to, but first I gotta figure my life out. I wouldn't want to bring a new, innocent human being into this mess of a life right now. An older, bigger, mature human being . . .maybe. ;)

I'm working on a novel right now that I want to publish. I've written two novels before, but I wouldn't dream of publishing either one. They had their purposes and I had a lot of readers for one of them. I guess it was sort of published, in a sense, but that was a long time ago. (Notice the intentional vagueness of this admission . . .) I will update you special people on the current novel in progress at a later date. It's going to take a lot more dedication and focus to complete this, which means I'm going to become a tad bit antisocial, but that's okay.

I'm also seriously considering grad school again. Yikes, I'm always so up and down with this, but I know I gotta do it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

A

No comments: