Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Annabelle Blue's WTF?

Okay, let's start out on a happy note first:

Yesterday marked the 25th birthday of :-). Read about it here.

Moving on . . .

Okay, there's plenty of fucked up stuff in our world that I could blog about right now. There's the Jena Six story . . . and there's the black woman from West Virginia who was savagely beaten and tortured by six white adults. These stories are not getting a lot of media coverage for debatable reasons. I was advised to put these things on my blog and to talk about them. I truly do think it's important to keep up on these stories and every human being should be angry at injustice everywhere, but what is really making me angry right now are men.

Am I seriously supposed to put up with their insecurities, idiocy, chauvinism and downright rudeness? I'm sorry, but I think I deserve better. Maybe it's because I have three brothers and a family that has instilled a lot of self-worth in me. Maybe it's because I live in a fantasy world where I think people should treat others how they'd like to be treated.

If you talk down to me, make me feel like shit or do something really hurtful to me, don't expect me to stick around or to put up with it.

I may sometimes exhibit low self-esteem, but I have and always will have a lot of self-worth. As a result, I don't put up with the bullshit. It's lonely sometimes, but I will never sellout my own morals and values for some fucking ignorant boy.

Lesbianism is not an option for me for several reasons. Most of the reasons are obvious. So my other options are to put up with it or be alone. Guess which one I'm choosing?

So if this offends you, I'm not sorry. I've just honestly had it. I'm not interested in you . . .or you. I've made it quite clear and if you can't handle rejection properly and only know how to "act out" when faced with it, that sure as hell isn't my problem.

And yes, I'm PMSing, but you're still an ass.

No comments: