Saturday, January 12, 2008

Peace and Love

Hi there,

So, I didn't get to perform in front of my co-workers! We ran out of time! Bummer, huh?

Today I'm taking it easy. I've purposely decided that I'm not working out today. My poor knee is feeling a bit injured. I am going to meet up for dinner with a friend. Relax at home for a bit. Maybe play The Sims 2. (YAY!)

One of my supervisors at The 9:30 Club is constantly probing about my being single. It annoys me to no end. I don't want to talk about it. People think there is something wrong with me being I'm single. Why are they so concerned?

It's like they think a pretty girl just can't possibly be single. NO WAY! And if she is single, she can't possibly be HAPPY! Every girl has to have a boyfriend! If you don't, what is WRONG with you?

Listen, I would love to be in love. I would love to meet someone who blows me away. The fact of the matter is, I just haven't lately. So please kindly fuck off.

Just when I'm getting okay with the idea of not having anyone and not looking for anyone, someone has to make me feel kind of shitty about it. I need to toughen up. I'm trying. Really, I am.

I am tired of aiming for the wrong ones. I am holding out. I am, for perhaps the first time in my life, NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT. Don't make me be worried about it.

I've tried the romance. I've felt the fire. I've fallen. I've gotten back up. I'm jaded. I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I've been a bit promiscuous. I've been the other woman. I've been the virgin. I'VE BEEN IT ALL!

So now let me try to be me.

Love,
A

No comments: