Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Single Girl

So, after much consideration, I have decided that I don't need a boyfriend.

I love my girlfriends so much. They love me unconditionally and are always there for me. They make me happy. Why do I need a man?

Men are unpredictable. Men will come and go. Unless they are sure about me, I don't want it. Unless they are continuously adding to my life, I don't want it.

My friendships are more important to me and most of them have lasted a whole lot longer than any relationship I've ever had with a boy.

I am not looking for a man to fulfill me at this point of my life and I don't think I will ever depend on one fully. I don't think it's a smart idea for a girl to only receive happiness from a partner or ever think, even in marriage, that it'll last forever. It's always smart to have an alternate plan.

It's okay to be in love and not able to imagine life without said lover, but shit happens. You just need to be smart about it.

As for my love life, I am going to love my friends, family, and whatever the hell else makes me happy. I'm going to focus on me and my future. The past is forgotten.

I'm single and that's okay right now.

Here comes a better version of me . . .

No comments: