Wednesday, January 9, 2008

WTF?!?!


SOMEONE IS WATCHING YOU!

Or rather, me, I guess.

SOMEONE IS STALKING WHAT I'M DOING ONLINE! I swear. It's not just on Facebook. (MARK ZUCKERBERG, THE CREATOR OF FACEBOOK, WAS ACCESSING INFORMATION FROM "OUTSIDE" WEBSITES BY DEFAULT WITHOUT ASKING FOR OUR PERMISSION. HE PUBLICLY APOLOGIZED AND MADE IT AN "OPT-IN" FEATURE INSTEAD. . . . DID YOU KNOW THAT?)

THEY KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

They are trying to sell things! I will Google something once and suddenly find ads for it all over the Internet. I even get E-MAILS offering me shit.

What is up with this?

The Internet is awesome. I love it and probably couldn't survive without it. Well, I could survive, duh, but you know what I mean. But sometimes . . .it creeps me out. I believe we are becoming too reliant on it.

It's weird to think that marriages, babies, jobs, deaths, etc. have all happened BECAUSE OF THE INTERNET. It's really everything in one place.

But is it really living? Is it GOOD to be so wrapped up in technology? Are we becoming and creating ADD, technophile, MONSTERS?

The government (and whoever else wants to) can trace our every move on the 'Net. YOU ARE BEING MONITORED RIGHT NOW WHETHER OR NOT YOU LIKE IT!

Part of me says: "FUCK IT! THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO! I WILL CONTINUE LOOKING UP CELEBRITIES AND HOW TO CURE ACNE!"

But it DOES bother me. My life is being monitored. This is real-life Truman Show shit. This is 1984 in 2008. Weird.

I was looking up jobs in NYC the other day and checking out the New York Times. I do have a Washington Post account, but I rarely use it now that I've decided my next move is definitely going to be NYC. (YAY!) So anyway, I'm looking up jobs and stuff, and then LOW AND BEHOLD, I get a fucking e-mail from The Washington Post saying: "Update your resume! We noticed it's been almost three months since you've updated."

IS THIS JUST A COINCIDENCE?

I don't think so!

It's downright SCARY.

So, my dear friends and readers, please, please, be AWARE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the blog from 1/7...hope you are going to let us know how singing in front of your co-workers went!